• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Change of Pension rights on Remuster.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
At the moment I'm still on the '75 scheme having opted to refuse changing to the '05 scheme based on the educated assumption that they only change things to save money. Now, very soon I will start IOT which will naturally require a good bit of paperwork with signatures. So, has anybody going down the same route found that such changes have been forced on them?

At the moment I'm still on the '75 scheme having opted to refuse changing to the '05 scheme based on the educated assumption that they only change things to save money. Now, very soon I will start IOT which will naturally require a good bit of paperwork with signatures. So, has anybody going down the same route found that such changes have been forced on them?

Haven't a clue but congrats on being selected for IOT:pDT_Xtremez_14:

not sure re pension but I know (from personal experience) you get a P45 and the sack as an enlisted scrote the day before you grad as a shiny newly employed orrificer! Makes for an interesting paychit that month - all of the ex-rankers on my course had pay mistakes due to JPA not coping with this anomaly. Good luck on the course - remember the bull only lasts while you are there!

Hi Spearmint that's an easy one, you'll stay on AFPS75. Also just for the record your commission isn't officially confirmed untill you finish Phase 2 trg, so no P45 at the end of IOT either. I know personally a couple of people who are now going back to the ranks after dropping out of Phase 2 for various reasons.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
not sure re pension but I know (from personal experience) you get a P45 and the sack as an enlisted scrote the day before you grad as a shiny newly employed orrificer! Makes for an interesting paychit that month - all of the ex-rankers on my course had pay mistakes due to JPA not coping with this anomaly. Good luck on the course - remember the bull only lasts while you are there!

Umm, I never did. The only people who were discharged and re-employed were those who transferred in from one of the other services. Although you can guarantee plenty of errors with pay, I grant you.

Spearmint, you will remain on the '75 pension scheme regardless. Which is a bit of a shame really because I would now be a bit better off on '05.