• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Car Insurance Quotes for those returning from Overseas Postings

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Having just returned from an overseas posting I've had to go through the dreaded 'buy a car insurance policy' drama. Traditionally, any lapse in cover over 2yrs meant that any earned No Claims Bonus (NCB) was considered invalid, potentially meaning unless your new policy was for a 600cc shitbox a good wallet raping was due.

However this appears to be no more as I just got a decent policy last night through LV who recognise my full NCB from a policy which was stopped over 3.5yrs ago. This is down to the fact that they recognise the Military Covenant and that no Service person should be disadvantaged by going overseas for a few years.

TLDNR - Posted back to the UK and need car insurance? Approach LV with proof of NCB no matter how long the lapse in cover was, especially if you can prove a clean driving record from your time spent overseas.

Good info.

Though when I came back from Cyprus in 2005 after 4 years there I got a certificate from the Cyprus insurer which was accepted for NCB by the UK insurers.