• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

car accident

goggers

LAC
Hi all, was wondering if anyone could avise. Recently i was in an accident where a car knocked me of my pushbike. i was on base, travelling home from a dayshift, and hit by a serviceman in his private car. i had various injuries, but to cut a long story short, i had an MRI scan on my lower back, which came back that i have multilevel degenerative disc disease that was axecabated by the accident.
Im medically down graded at the minute and have been told there is a high posability that i will be medically discharged.
ive served 15 of 22 years and have been advised that i need a career change as i wouldnt be able to continue my line of work on civvy street.

could anyone advise if this type of injury warrants a med dicharge, how long it takes and would i be still be entitled to get my pension (AFPS05)

Thanks in advance.