• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Capita delay?

stams1985

LAC
Hi you knowledgeable people, had my medical on 24th July and went quite well except for a condition I had when I was a child. It hasn't excluded me from joining but they want to see some xrays to make sure there is no deformities in my hip. I gave the relevant forms into my GP on the same day, chased them up and all the relevant info was sent on the 4th August.
Does anyone have any experience on how long Capita take with this matter as the email from my afco said my application would close in 6 weeks (from my medical date) and its been 3 already?

Mag2grid

Corporal
Hi you knowledgeable people, had my medical on 24th July and went quite well except for a condition I had when I was a child. It hasn't excluded me from joining but they want to see some xrays to make sure there is no deformities in my hip. I gave the relevant forms into my GP on the same day, chased them up and all the relevant info was sent on the 4th August.
Does anyone have any experience on how long Capita take with this matter as the email from my afco said my application would close in 6 weeks (from my medical date) and its been 3 already?

really hard to say, Capita aren't the fastest and the only way to chase them in via the AFCO.

if you've done everything you need to do then just tell the AFCO and pass it on to them to chase. I tried to chase mine direct with Capita all those years ago and I was told I'm not allowed to speak to them only the AFCO is....

stams1985

LAC
really hard to say, Capita aren't the fastest and the only way to chase them in via the AFCO.

if you've done everything you need to do then just tell the AFCO and pass it on to them to chase. I tried to chase mine direct with Capita all those years ago and I was told I'm not allowed to speak to them only the AFCO is....

Thanks, I'll phone the AFCO tomorrow.

I have received a email stating the date for another medical examination (which I wasn't expecting as the CAPITA doc said she wouldn't need to see me again and would let me know her outcome via the AFCO). My question is do you think the second appointments tend to be a case of CAPITA using the resit to get more money?

The reason I ask is that the issue the Doc had to refer back to my GP about was in my eyes (excuse the pun) fairly cosmetic as it didn't effect my eyesight and was purely to remove a irritation, to save myself having to remove a few eyelashes every few months. The op worked and have never had an issue since.

I guess none of you are doctors so not asking medical advise, just if you think the 2nd medicals are generally a money grabbing exercise.

sorry for the long (probably unneeded explanation).

stams1985

LAC
I have received a email stating the date for another medical examination (which I wasn't expecting as the CAPITA doc said she wouldn't need to see me again and would let me know her outcome via the AFCO). My question is do you think the second appointments tend to be a case of CAPITA using the resit to get more money?

The reason I ask is that the issue the Doc had to refer back to my GP about was in my eyes (excuse the pun) fairly cosmetic as it didn't effect my eyesight and was purely to remove a irritation, to save myself having to remove a few eyelashes every few months. The op worked and have never had an issue since.

I guess none of you are doctors so not asking medical advise, just if you think the 2nd medicals are generally a money grabbing exercise.

sorry for the long (probably unneeded explanation).

Might depend on the specific clinic, I got a letter through this morning declaring me permanently medically unfit. It is possible to appeal but need clinical supporting evidence from a suitably qualified professional.