• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bring the noise!

F

Fablon biff chit

LINK

Jumpers for goalposts - They don't make 'em like that anymore!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chuff Chart

Go on son, give it some!! Hopefully will be doing that sort of stuff again this year sometime :pDT_Xtremez_30: Now all we need is a Buc, a Hunter, a Canberra and a Frightening to go with it, Move them in with BBMF, call it British Heritage Flight or some such title and the world will be a better place :)

Realist78

Master of my destiny
bring the noise

bring the noise

f@cking awesome, hope they get the old girl flying this year.

flash

LAC
makes me all moist watching that. One of the most impressive planes I ever saw flying, on par with the lightning

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Go on son, give it some!! Hopefully will be doing that sort of stuff again this year sometime :pDT_Xtremez_30: Now all we need is a Buc, a Hunter, a Canberra and a Frightening to go with it, Move them in with BBMF, call it British Heritage Flight or some such title and the world will be a better place :)

let me buy you a pint! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!

And a VC10 to take the support crew around!

bigsteviej

Corporal
now that would be a GOOD reason for some of this lottery cash!!!!

i remember the time a few of us were cutting up a nimrod aew at abingdon, and some civvies were doing the same to a vulcan!!!!

at the time the significance of what they were doing escaped me....

crying shame... but i did get a crash axe from it (or was that the nimrod??)

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Hope they do get one flying this year, jsut in time for the Waddo Airshow would be nice. It would be worth paying to see one screaching through the sky.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Sadly most of them were carved up at Saints in the early 80's. I'll never forget that, a truly horrible sight. Even the VC10's weren't treated like that. The Vulcan's were chopped into pieces by a big industrial digger and carted off in lorries to a local scrapyard, owner of which got very rich :pDT_Xtremez_08:

R

referee806

I hope that they get the Old Girl into the sky, just to put the wind up any Argies that may get any ideas about Las Malvinas:pDT_Xtremez_25:

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
There are a few intact examples still about, like the one at Goose which developed a major hyd snag (I think) en-route. It was nearing the retirement anyway so rather than fix it, it eneded up as a gate guard. Whats going to happen to that now we've pulled out? is it still their.

T

Trenchards Ghost

I've just spent an hour wiring up my surround sound to try and get that authentic vibration you used to get with her. It can't be done....
looking forward to the summer as it's looking more likely that she'll be airborne and gracing the skies again.

Google Earth

Google Earth

There are a few intact examples still about, like the one at Goose which developed a major hyd snag (I think) en-route. It was nearing the retirement anyway so rather than fix it, it eneded up as a gate guard. Whats going to happen to that now we've pulled out? is it still their.

Don't know when the image was taken, but search around Goose on Google Earth (Happy Valley in the search worked)It can be clearly seen between the two wikipedia markers.

It will be good to see and hear it again. Shame the CAA scuppered the chances of a lightning flying years ago. Something about the slightly high accident rate.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Shame the CAA scuppered the chances of a lightning flying years ago. Something about the slightly high accident rate.

One in three didn't land correctly I think is the figure. Worse than the F-104G Starfighter would you believe. Four Frightnings are Airworthy down in South Africa and the Yanks are trying to get one back into the air.

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber

The one and only Vulcan preserved in Canada, XL361 (shown below), ended up there after a serious in-flight malfunction. It would have cost too much to repair her so instead of scrapping her, it was decided to turn the airframe into a gate guard for the RAF Support Unit based at Goose Bay. Soon after it was gifted to the local community of Happy Valley as a mark of the bond between the RAF and the local inhabitants.

Last edited: