• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brandy Sours

L

Little Tronk

How come, even if you use the exact same ingrediants to the exact same amounts as the Cypriot bar person (PC or what!?) do brandy sours not taste the same if you make them yourself to enjoy in you British back garden!

HELP!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've found that as well...I've brought home all the ingrediants that I usedout there and it tasted like poo...

Kokinelli on the other hand tastes awful in either country...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Brandy and gloop

Brandy and gloop

Its the cheap brandy and gloupy juice that you need for a proper brandy sour.

When mixing it's a third of each, easy easy easy.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Its the cheap brandy and gloupy juice that you need for a proper brandy sour.

When mixing it's a third of each, easy easy easy.

Correct! Use Keo or Anglais brandy and the lemon squash/cordial that is full of 'E' numbers out here.

Also helps if the glass is unwashed and there are loads of sweaty squaddies trying to fight you!

Yiamas! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

sid the squid

Sergeant
It does'nt help when its fecking freezing cold sitting in your garden, not quite the same as 30 odd degrees in a nice bar.
Also I tried some cockaneli (spelling ?) and it tasted vile as opposed to very nice when in cyprus. Maybe it's the old tastebuds changing with age or probably more accurate being sober drink all that sh*te does'nt help !

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Correct! Use Keo or Anglais brandy and the lemon squash/cordial that is full of 'E' numbers out here.

Yep, I'd agree with that. You could try using cooking brandy here in the UK, but you are still missing the main ingredient - you aren't in Cyprus and the ambience (or whatever) is missing. So they just ain't the same.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
It does'nt help when its fecking freezing cold sitting in your garden, not quite the same as 30 odd degrees in a nice bar.
Also I tried some cockaneli (spelling ?) and it tasted vile as opposed to very nice when in cyprus. Maybe it's the old tastebuds changing with age or probably more accurate being sober drink all that sh*te does'nt help !

Kokkanelli I believe mate. As you said, Yak here but curiously palatable at the kebab table!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

L

Little Tronk

Kokkanelli I believe mate. As you said, Yak here but curiously palatable at the kebab table!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Ain't that the truth!

Must be a Cyprus and/or APC thing! Which reminds me passed through coming back from KAF not long ago and they've got rid of the fountain - used to love seeing that full of soap suds!