• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bon Jour from Sunny Manchester

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Hello.
My name is John Oakes and I served during 1981 to 1990 as a Supplier/Heli Refueller. Hope to contribute to the forum with my small incites of the world life.
Regards John

Hi John,

Welcome. Interesting name - I'm assuming you were at Saxa Vord sometime between 81 and 90. I was there 84/85.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Hi John,

Welcome. Interesting name - I'm assuming you were at Saxa Vord sometime between 81 and 90. I was there 84/85.

Hello Lux. I was there in 1988 to 1989. But a chap I knew who I was his best man during my time there had been there before name C**** M**** as a SAC Supplier. I think J** B****** and W***** L******** was there as civvy storemen too. No Doubt like we could sit at the Saxavordian fireplace remembering the freezing nights or the blazing clear midnight sun. Not to sure when the New accommodation was in progress in your time but when I arrived it was up and running for a while January 1988.
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Hello Lux. I was there in 1988 to 1989. But a chap I knew who I was his best man during my time there had been there before name C**** M**** as a SAC Supplier. I think J** B****** and W***** L******** was there as civvy storemen too. No Doubt like we could sit at the Saxavordian fireplace remembering the freezing nights or the blazing clear midnight sun. Not to sure when the New accommodation was in progress in your time but when I arrived it was up and running for a while January 1988.
Regards
Sorry duly noted boss and accept my basic error on simply security of past and present personnel names.
Regards John

I don't think my memeory is that good to work out those name from so long ago lol.
I loved Saxa, strange but an interesting place. The new accommodation was up and running (just) when I arrived - no WRAF at all either.

I later did Buchan twice and Benbecula (don't all laugh at once), not bad for a Wigan lad.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Hello Lux.
My last posting was Buchan in 89/90 living in the old accommodation then much later in the newer part after detachment to the Falklands at Foxbay. True I did enjoy SAXA being a quiet secluded type of station and what tales and events one could tell from there. But due to censorship rules