• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bikers, We Are So Grossly Misunderstood

T

Tigger

Thank goodness BMW don't make a van I say :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
My opinion about bikers is strengthened every Friday on the A1 when I witness them trying to squeeze between 1 car overtaking another at 70 mph. Yes, I know they're in a minority, but it's those that give you bikers a bad name.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
My opinion about bikers is strengthened every Friday on the A1 when I witness them trying to squeeze between 1 car overtaking another at 70 mph. Yes, I know they're in a minority, but it's those that give you bikers a bad name.

That's fekk all mate, I have seen a Yammy R1 doing 90 plus go between two lorries on the M4 :pDT_Xtremez_42: What a fekkin c0ck :pDT_Xtremez_06:
Not long for this Earth I imagine.

T

Tigger

Traffic got a Triumph Daytona on the A1 (near Sawtry) at 130mph on Sunday ! Talk about attracting attention to yourself.......muppet.

Y

Yossarian

I think the "maniacal bikers are the minority" argument is horse ****.

About half the bikers I see riding around my area are f*cking lunatics. The main road outside my house is a 30 mph zone, but it doesn't stop some racers doing 40 through heavy traffic, 50 or 60 at other times, and even 90-100mph at night.

I do my best for bikers, I check my mirrors constantly, watching out for the rocket powered idiots, making eye contact when I see them, and even giving them some room to get by more safely where possible. But the sensible, skilled riders are no longer in the majority I'm afraid.

Round here, a lot of the bikers tend to be fat tattooed off duty white van men, riding 1100cc sports bikes in T shirts, jeans and trainers. I've seen them doing wheelies on busy high streets.

Let's face it, people don't blow 6 grand on something that can do 160mph just to pootle to work at 30. So all this about "the mis-understood biker" is crap.

Yes there are skilled, sensible riders out there, if you are one then you know who you are, and this isn't aimed at you.
It's just that there are just as many lunatics around these days. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Traffic got a Triumph Daytona on the A1 (near Sawtry) at 130mph on Sunday ! Talk about attracting attention to yourself.......muppet.

Was on the news that Norfolk nabbed a bike doing 170.

...at the end of their 'Bike Speed Awareness campaign' :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts

About half the bikers I see riding around my area are f*cking lunatics. The main road outside my house is a 30 mph zone, but it doesn't stop some racers doing 40 through heavy traffic, 50 or 60 at other times, and even 90-100mph at night.

It's just that there are just as many lunatics around these days. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Now where I live this is the almost exclusive domain of a$$holes in clios and subaru's. They have limited learner horse power on bikes, yet any ****** with the money can buy a high powered sports car and drive like a cnut.
I think it's time the DOT place a maximum horsepower limit on cars and bikes. You don't need 250 horsepower in a car or 89 on a bike in britain. Fact. Uder 21 year olds should NOT be allowed to drive anything that has over 50 brake horsepower two wheeled or 4. In the 60's and 70's money was the main factor in controlling access to power. Now anyone can mosey on down to a local dealer and get a brand new sports car with 3 years free insurance.
When I was 18 I wanted a second hand GS1000, all the insurers laughed at me and hung up. Now they ask 3K third party only and the muppets can afford to pay it !

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Now where I live this is the almost exclusive domain of a$$holes in clios and subaru's. They have limited learner horse power on bikes, yet any ****** with the money can buy a high powered sports car and drive like a cnut.
I think it's time the DOT place a maximum horsepower limit on cars and bikes. You don't need 250 horsepower in a car or 89 on a bike in britain. Fact. Uder 21 year olds should NOT be allowed to drive anything that has over 50 brake horsepower two wheeled or 4. In the 60's and 70's money was the main factor in controlling access to power. Now anyone can mosey on down to a local dealer and get a brand new sports car with 3 years free insurance.
When I was 18 I wanted a second hand GS1000, all the insurers laughed at me and hung up. Now they ask 3K third party only and the muppets can afford to pay it !

That is a weak argument.

You don't need power to drive like a cnut.

even the weediest, pokiest 800cc, korean or malaysian wheeled box has a terminal velocity in excess of the national limit. And you don't even need to break the speed limit to be dangerous.

The fact is, high insurance premiums do keep inexperienced youngsters/drivers in less powerful cars to a degree (hence chavved-up 1.1 clios and corsas in McDonalds car parks on saturday night - not Corsa VXRs, or Clio 182 trophies) - but then again, many are simply dispensing with the expense of insurance in toto. Or an MoT. Or Tax Or a valid licence. But that's okay, because they don't speed past GATSOs so they'll never be caught...

or maybe they will speed past the GATSO - because they don't bother registering the car...

Last edited:
T

Tigger

But that's okay, because they don't speed past GATSOs so they'll never be caught...

or maybe they will speed past the GATSO - because they don't bother registering the car...

They don't get past the ANPR van.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

They don't get past the ANPR van.

i note that's van (singular)

providing they stay off the major routes...

More Traffic Policemen, less automated systems please.

Off Topic i watched 'traffic cops' last night on bbc1 and spotted a gucci bit of kit in their car that automatically took a picture of every car they passed - presumably this was linked to the PNC? Sounds like a good idea to me.

T

Tigger

i note that's van (singular)

providing they stay off the major routes...

More Traffic Policemen, less automated systems please.

i watched 'traffic cops' last night on bbc1 and spotted a gucci bit of kit in their car that automatically took a picture of every car they passed - presumably this was linked to the PNC? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Not exactly. As a bog standard plod, I along with my shift have access to an ANPR van for divisional use.
Traffic have ANPR in every car, as well as that, ANPR is linked to CCTV cameras in a lot of major towns and cities.

Basically you park up at the side of the road, and very often on the back roads since we more than aware that criminals stay off major routes. The van has cameras which read number plates both directions of travel day or night. By the time the car comes past the van it will flash up if its of interest to us, either via PNC, intelligence system or DVLA database. The trick with the system is sorting the wheat from the chaff. You generally only have a couple of intercept cars, so you tend to save them for something worth while, disqual driver, wanted on warrant or drugs. Its a good tool.

N

Noodle

I do my best for bikers, I check my mirrors constantly, watching out for the rocket powered idiots, making eye contact when I see them, and even giving them some room to get by more safely where possible. But the sensible, skilled riders are no longer in the majority I'm afraid.

Round here, a lot of the bikers tend to be fat tattooed off duty white van men, riding 1100cc sports bikes in T shirts, jeans and trainers. I've seen them doing wheelies on busy high streets.

Let's face it, people don't blow 6 grand on something that can do 160mph just to pootle to work at 30. So all this about "the mis-understood biker" is crap.

Yes there are skilled, sensible riders out there, if you are one then you know who you are, and this isn't aimed at you.

Oh come off it, quite clear you have never been out on a bike,

I've had my liscence since I was 17, was riding round on proper sized bikes when I was 19 (I used to borrow my dad's blackbird).

I don't go round at 110mph, I generally go a little over the limit, 80-90 on the motorway / dual carriageway tops, but then again so do you probably in your car, I live in the Lake District, you can't go too fast on the roads where I live, and when I do its usually to get away from some idiotic tourist who doesn't know the roads and nine times out of ten can't see naff all because he is either towing a caravan, or the back window of the car is stuffed full of crap.

It doesn't matter to me how fast I go/ don't go, I get a thrill from it everytime.

Y

Yossarian

Clearly you didn't read any of my post mate.

Read it again please. I state that around half the bikers I see are lunatics.

In the last paragraph I also state that there are sensible riders around, and that the post was not aimed at them.
And I also said that those sensible riders know who they are.

Chill fella, I never said you were a bad rider. Just that many out there are.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Oh yes, but car drivers who spend 10,000, 20,000 or more on a 150mph car have more self control do they ! Like bollox they do.

That is a weak argument.
You don't need power to drive like a cnut....

Quite so BengO, however judging by the number of them on the motorway, the Fod Ka has adequate power to do 90 all day so why do we need the like's of Lotus, Ferrari, Subaru. Nice to see the British goverment showing their true colours yesterday by trying to ban the G-wiz. Failed a crash test :pDT_Xtremez_31: More likely the greedy fekkers are worried people will be charging them off the national grid and not paying duty for driving them.

Yes I know it says FOD Ka, it's not a mistake :pDT_Xtremez_14:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Oh yes, but car drivers who spend 10,000, 20,000 or more on a 150mph car have more self control do they ! Like bollox they do.

Quite so BengO, however judging by the number of them on the motorway, the Fod Ka has adequate power to do 90 all day so why do we need the like's of Lotus, Ferrari, Subaru. Nice to see the British goverment showing their true colours yesterday by trying to ban the G-wiz. Failed a crash test :pDT_Xtremez_31: More likely the greedy fekkers are worried people will be charging them off the national grid and not paying duty for driving them.

Yes I know it says FOD Ka, it's not a mistake :pDT_Xtremez_14:

you read Boris' article in the Torygraph then?!? It's more likely that the Govt are concerned that they can't make any tax off a G-Wizz and it's a remarkable little machine. Nu Labour actually want us in big cars so they can make us feel guilty about polluting and then tax us - they didn't think it through did they? if we all suddenly buy non-poluting cars, the revenue stream dries up!

and it's not govt trying to ban it - it's cleverer than that. The govt want the EU to ban it, then british govt don't look like the bad guys.

I dare say my push-bike would fail the crash test too - it has about as much power as the G-wizz, and can go about as fast. Will the EU ban pushbikes now?

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
you read Boris' article in the Torygraph then?!? It's more likely that the Govt are concerned that they can't make any tax off a G-Wizz and it's a remarkable little machine. Nu Labour actually want us in big cars so they can make us feel guilty about polluting and then tax us - they didn't think it through did they? if we all suddenly buy non-poluting cars, the revenue stream dries up!

and it's not govt trying to ban it - it's cleverer than that. The govt want the EU to ban it, then british govt don't look like the bad guys.

I dare say my push-bike would fail the crash test too - it has about as much power as the G-wizz, and can go about as fast. Will the EU ban pushbikes now?
Don't do papers mate, I saw this on the news yesterday and it hit my outrage button. What's next ban anything you can charge yourself. Fekkin' hypocrites. On the plus side and pretty much back on topic, I did find rMoto an electric superbike anyone fancy burning down the biker cafe on one of these ! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

01jonesj

LAC
Couple of weeks ago i was riding out of town and went round a corner with a fekkin 7.5tonner on my side of the road and not moving back, he drove me straight into the hedge, didnt even stop either! :pDT_Xtremez_32:
Then on sunday night some tw@t was walking 3 dogs all without leads, lets just say they got excited by my bike and tried to argue with my front wheel @ 60mph... the owner didnt even say sorry, he picked his dog up and put it in his car and drove off, with me still on the floor in considerable pain... I just dont believe some ppl!:pDT_Xtremez_25:
The most embarrasing thing to happen recently was leaving innsworth in the wet, and caught a ruddy manhole cover, straight off infront of the gaurd:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Ive really not had a good time of it at the moment!!!!

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
hells angels I've ever seen...They were from a local sect
I think you mean chapter.
Owning a motorcycle, despite many people mistakenly using the term, doesn't qualify anyone as a biker. Its kinda a if I had to explain... issue.