• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle PT

Vee2

Corporal
So we do battle PT here now, it's one of our compulsory PT sessions we have to do.

Any advice for someone who is only just getting used to running in boots (new ones at that!) would be welcome.

Cheers boys and girls.

pad_brat

LAC
If its similar to the army stuff I did then I would compare it to fartlek training but on a sort of assualt course.

So short periods of really intense running then cool down (i use the term loosly) in which your jogging/fast walking with added obstacles such as walls/balance beams (aka upside down benches)etc.

Sometimes in a gym in pt kit sometimes outside in full CEFO depends what mood your PTI is in.

Its proper fun:pDT_Xtremez_14:! Much better than just circuits or such like.

If its similar to the army stuff I did then I would compare it to fartlek training but on a sort of assualt course.

So short periods of really intense running then cool down (i use the term loosly) in which your jogging/fast walking with added obstacles such as walls/balance beams (aka upside down benches)etc.

Sometimes in a gym in pt kit sometimes outside in full CEFO depends what mood your PTI is in.

Its proper fun:pDT_Xtremez_14:! Much better than just circuits or such like.

My idea of fun is having a threesome, driving an Aston Martin and seeing awesome bands live....not running around like action man on speed!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So we do battle PT here now, it's one of our compulsory PT sessions we have to do.

Any advice for someone who is only just getting used to running in boots (new ones at that!) would be welcome.

Cheers boys and girls.

Boots: I dont think it's done any more, but running in boots was the norm when ......blah blah - you get the picture.

Anyhow. Leather is like skin. Its fits best to what it fits around. get them good and wet and afford yourself a few miles walking around, with the occasional jog. Warm the buggers up.

When you have done with that, swamp them with love, care and bucketloads of polish or even saddle soap, even before they are dry. NEVER dry them by heat, or you will have to start all over again or they will just rupture on you. Natural dry, always stuffed with newspapers (I find the Guardian most rewarding).

After this, your boots will love you for years, and vice versa.

When you eventually come to trade them in, you will probably cry.

Vee2

Corporal
Boots: I dont think it's done any more, but running in boots was the norm when ......blah blah - you get the picture.

Anyhow. Leather is like skin. Its fits best to what it fits around. get them good and wet and afford yourself a few miles walking around, with the occasional jog. Warm the buggers up.

When you have done with that, swamp them with love, care and bucketloads of polish or even saddle soap, even before they are dry. NEVER dry them by heat, or you will have to start all over again or they will just rupture on you. Natural dry, always stuffed with newspapers (I find the Guardian most rewarding).

After this, your boots will love you for years, and vice versa.

When you eventually come to trade them in, you will probably cry.

Cheers, just what I needed. Yes we run in boots, it's nothing too strenuous at the moment but they're building things up so we do the same as the army guys here.

They're currently soaking in the bath.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Good. As they dry don't worry about all the white tide lines that appear. That's normal and brushes away. Just something in the leather.

Don't forget, new leather is hungry, so feed it and all will be well.

box-of-frogs

Corporal

Cheers boys and girls.

Running in boots? Left leg in front of right leg. Right leg then goes in front of left leg. Keep following this process - it's just like running in trainers but you won't go quite as fast. Seemples. :pDT_Xtremez_14: