• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AV & Mech Cpl to Sgt board 2014

Webbo

Sergeant
Heard some rumours flying around that the powers that be have hugely underestimated the required numbers. Rumours are that both board ALL A Grades will be getting picked up. Looked on the manning website and numbers are 53 and 32 IIRC, with 132 A Grade AV and 89 A Grade Mech. Now that is a lot is Sgts if rumours are true. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Well the Sgt - Chief board went over prediction so I assume that will be a few more Sgt slots available. There also still seems to be a steady stream of SNCOs PVRing from what I'm witnessing.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
If this is actually true then it is a massive failing of the promotion system. The prediction dictates the number of A candidates therefore a prediction of 32 would have resulted in x2+20 plus 6x B+ candidates being presented to the board. This means that if, as is now rumoured, all A candidates read by the board will be picked up, the decision on who has been promoted this year has been made by one person (the pre-boarder), which is completely wrong IMO. There is a reason the board consists of 3 people. The initial 32 owho came off the board could remain but the board should reconvene to read the next highest scoring 109 to ensure the system remains fair.

Last edited:

ERT

Corporal
It would be nice if this happens, unsure how you determine a B+ from a B..

What is next, an A-

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
It would be nice if this happens, unsure how you determine a B+ from a B..

What is next, an A-

I know they have tried to stop posting Cpl's until their 90 days as there is a drastic shortage of Cpls as quite a few who didnt get picked up have banged out, last week I heard there were 100 cpl's Mechs short. Makes good reading for SAC(T)s though!