• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Autumn Internationals

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How will the home nations fare? Will the AI’s prove that Jones has gone off the boil just at the wrong time? Will Scotland continue with their improving form? Some cracking fixtures this Autumn coming up!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mixed bag for the home nations last weekend England beat the Kiwis in the first test but only just 18-16. Second test on Sunday at Anfield . Also last weekend France hammered Wales 54-18 and Ireland humped Scotland 36-10. Bit of a come back for Wales last night as they beat Scotland 50-12. Lots of rugby on the go and of course the union boys are playing their series of autumn internationals to.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Mixed bag for the home nations last weekend England beat the Kiwis in the first test but only just 18-16. Second test on Sunday at Anfield . Also last weekend France hammered Wales 54-18 and Ireland humped Scotland 36-10. Bit of a come back for Wales last night as they beat Scotland 50-12. Lots of rugby on the go and of course the union boys are playing their series of autumn internationals to.:pDT_Xtremez_14:
Too right. I'll be at Anfield tomorrow.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
France have now qualified for the next world cup after beating Ireland 24-10 in Dublin this afternoon. Wales can keep their hopes of World Cup qualification alive with the game against Ireland on 11 November.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I'm not a Yawnion fan, but I am scratching my head as to why Wales played Scotland, when they play next spring in the 6 nations. I thought these internationals were against Southern Hemisphere teams, or are Wales & Scotland so crap that NZ/Aus/SA don't bother playing them?

Could they not get a game against some minor southern hemisphere side like Tonga or Fiji?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
OK union types time to play nice.

Wales beat Scotland comfortably. I can't see Scotland being good enough to beat anybody except perhaps Italy in the 6 nations so the wooden spoon game is already Scotland v Italy. As to England Eddie Jones picked a different sort of team, experimental even and they managed to beat S.Africa all be it by a small margin. So was Eddie right to try something different and does it really have bearing on England's world cup chances? Twickers is always rammed regardless of opposition so HQ will be happy with the RU coffers getting topped up. But perhaps in the spirit of sharing the love and the money around games against the smaller nations from the S. Pacific would be beneficial to boost the coffers of those struggling unions.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
OK union types time to play nice.

Wales beat Scotland comfortably. I can't see Scotland being good enough to beat anybody except perhaps Italy in the 6 nations so the wooden spoon game is already Scotland v Italy. As to England Eddie Jones picked a different sort of team, experimental even and they managed to beat S.Africa all be it by a small margin. So was Eddie right to try something different and does it really have bearing on England's world cup chances? Twickers is always rammed regardless of opposition so HQ will be happy with the RU coffers getting topped up. But perhaps in the spirit of sharing the love and the money around games against the smaller nations from the S. Pacific would be beneficial to boost the coffers of those struggling unions.
How can you take pride in your team winning on penalties.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That's how you beat New Zealand by scoring tries.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Watched on the telly box, well played England great series win with the Elland road game to go. What a good advertisement for the game though played hard and fast by both sides and there was even some tries from an England rugby team. I thought the Kiwis were very cynical with a series of late hits on Sam Tomkins long after the ball had gone. The odd late hit could be a simple timing error but surely there were to many for it not to have been a ploy an their part. Not so much a late hit as just very early for the next one. The Aussie ref certainly saw things differently than perhaps an English ref would have.