• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Audi A1. It'll make me feel dirty, but do I want one?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Last week the boss tossed me a company car option for being a good boy, and whilst it means dropping down the grade scale to that of some Sales Manager, I am strongly drawn to the Audi A1 S-line 1.6TD.

Like I said, I may hate myself and sometimes even pull into the overtaking lane at 55mph just to pi$s myself off, but will I like it?

I wanna get the auto/tiptronic version as 'er indoors is of the John Wayne persuasion and cannot handle a manual.

millie

LAC
Last week the boss tossed me a company car option for being a good boy, and whilst it means dropping down the grade scale to that of some Sales Manager, I am strongly drawn to the Audi A1 S-line 1.6TD.

Like I said, I may hate myself and sometimes even pull into the overtaking lane at 55mph just to pi$s myself off, but will I like it?

I wanna get the auto/tiptronic version as 'er indoors is of the John Wayne persuasion and cannot handle a manual.

Got one myself, 2.0 Black Edition, you would not be disappointed. But as I am girl, I may have now put you off now, but it is far from a girls car. The 1.6TD was gutless in comparison to the 1.2, 1.4 TFSI, however the 2.0 TDi is a different game altogether. Not to be used as a family car in my opinion.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Shhhh. You are making all the right noises - it's not really for me as I drive a shagged out 10 year old 4x4 Mitsubishi Pinin - I am really getting it for er, so feeling more comfortable that she won't decorate a Cambridgeshire road sign. She is a bit of a speed demon and hates my driving - a little slow for her.

Plus it's a company car so options are fewer (and they give me a grand a year cash-back for the low emissions choice)

Thanks for the info mate.

millie

LAC
Shhhh. You are making all the right noises - it's not really for me as I drive a shagged out 10 year old 4x4 Mitsubishi Pinin - I am really getting it for er, so feeling more comfortable that she won't decorate a Cambridgeshire road sign. She is a bit of a speed demon and hates my driving - a little slow for her.

Plus it's a company car so options are fewer (and they give me a grand a year cash-back for the low emissions choice)

Thanks for the info mate.

Can't go wrong emissions wise £20 a year tax for the 2.0 TDi BE. Have fun!

ScoobTech

Sergeant
We have an Octavia with the 1.6TDI engine, and it is isn't that gutless, you just have to keep it between 1500 - 2500 rpm. Not as good as the old 1.9TDI below that or above it.

I have my concerns over the general long term reliabilty of the TFSI engines, not because of the engineering. Only because the average person will not be willing ot let the car idle. To make sure the turbo has stopped spinning, before they cut the oil supply to it by switching off the engine. Or let the engine warm up properly before abusing it. There could be a lot of Turbo replacements at around the 70K mile point.

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My choices are a little limited by the co car policy and I need to think of what 'er would be more comfortable in...

...and I am no car enthusiast I am afraid - just want it to be pretty enough to get me more action from 'er indoors.