• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ast

M

Miss_Tina

I just passed the AST and I'm feeling rather pleased. I actually scored a lot higher than I needed to, but scored miserably in MC (Mechanical Comprehension) luckliy it's not needed for my trade.

I recommend this site. I printed off lots of questions and used them to practise the verbal and numerical aspects.

http://www.psychometric-success.com/

My interview is booked and the worry is creeping back in!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

J

J911

Hi there, and congrates!

Could you inform me as to what the day consists of for the AST as I have it on the 17th September and have been told to report to the AFCO at 08:30 and there will be a talk and the AST. Was it an all day event?

Thanks in advance.

R

r1ley101

hi all

Ive got my "ast" on the 9th september 0900.
im really quite nervous!!
what you going in as??
james

M

Miss_Tina

Yes definately count it as an all day event.

I got there just after 8.30 as my train was delayed. This wasn't a problem, but I did phone them to let them know I would be a little late.

I think 10 people were there to sit the test in total. The staff had to sit with each person and check their documents and forms and register that they were there. This took a little while.

I was very surprised at how many people hadn't brought the right documents or that someone would even fill their form in with blue ink. ( I was specifically told to use black ink and I think it even says to do so on the form...)

The test takes around 90 minutes, you can't leave the room during this time. Make sure you have glasses if you need them.

The lady who administrated our test was a civilian administrator, I thought she actually made us feel at ease at the same time as making sure we understood the rules.

After the test we had a break they sent us away for an hour so that they could mark our tests and we got some fresh air and I bought myself some lunch! (it was 12oClock) we went back in for the presentation. There was some good information, you weren't bombarded with it either and it was a good time to ask questions.

When they gave us our results they took us into a separate office one by one, in a random order and then gave a quick explanation of the scores and a "well done". I was able to book in for my interview at that time too.

It was 2pm by the time I left and I was one of the first to hear my results. I think if you were the last you may have been there another hour.

So in answer to your question.

Yes!

:)