• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Army told to 'stop swearing' at new recruits

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
It's all a bit pink and fluffy these days. I always thought that the whole point of the rough treatment we recieved during basic training was to ensure that we were tough enough to not fold if it ever came to a combat situation?

Only time will tell if this sort of thing will have a major impact - unfortunately it will be a time when we have to send in boots on the ground, and by that time it will be too late to correct because there will be several years' worth of 'precious' personnel in the system.

These days people are happy to just leave the MOB, rather than put up with bullsh1t - those that have time served are leaving with their cash, and those that don't are leaving because they can get better paid jobs elsewhere. It's sad really. The MOB seems to think that taking on Reserves in abundance will be a cure-all for the swathes of PVRs, but I have a feeling that if it ever comes to a proper, conventional 'defend the homeland' style war (with the French, post Brexit perhaps? lol) then the temp-forces will crumble. Not from lack of effort, but from lack of experience and training.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Unfortunately this was inevitable what with the BARMY drawing attention to themselves continuously post Deep Cut. OfSted I understand now inspect all training establishments in Phases 1 and 2.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Unfortunately this was inevitable what with the BARMY drawing attention to themselves continuously post Deep Cut. OfSted I understand now inspect all training establishments in Phases 1 and 2.

Yes I believe they do, but they only ever see what the CoC want to show them - paperwork, exposure to certain classroom etc. They certainly don't see everything, as they can't be exposed to anything that would be considered OS, which - depending on how you interpret the JSPs and APs - could be almost everything!