• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Approx net pay whilst at Halton

focussed

LAC
Hi all,

Early next year I am going to RTS (fingers crossed!) and I have a question regarding pay.

I understand that you are deducted your accomodation/food, can anyone help me out as to what that will be? I have so far managed:

Gross pay per annum: £13644.72

Gross pay per month: £1137.06
Food cost per month: ????
Accom cost per month: ???
Anything I have missed: ??

Minus 22% approx tax/NI = Net pay: ???

Thank you in advance.
Focussed

K

knobbly

Hi all,

Early next year I am going to RTS (fingers crossed!) and I have a question regarding pay.

I understand that you are deducted your accomodation/food, can anyone help me out as to what that will be? I have so far managed:

Gross pay per annum: £13644.72

Gross pay per month: £1137.06
Food cost per month: ????
Accom cost per month: ???
Anything I have missed: ??

Minus 22% approx tax/NI = Net pay: ???

Thank you in advance.
Focussed

ABOUT £780 mate after all deductions....

A

Animal_88

I was taking home about 840 after all deductions in November last year?

G

gemarriott

£34 per fortnight as adult entry on 9 yr engagement in 1973, I thought I was minted :pDT_Xtremez_42:

LilStill

Sergeant
At present the net take home is around £900 on New Entrant Rate of Pay (NERP). Food charge and accom at Halton come to, roughly, £150 a month. I'm away from both my paper pay statements and JPA at the moment, so I can't give you concrete figures, but you're looking at £900 once your pay settles down after the first couple of pay periods.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
At present the net take home is around £900 on New Entrant Rate of Pay (NERP). Food charge and accom at Halton come to, roughly, £150 a month. I'm away from both my paper pay statements and JPA at the moment, so I can't give you concrete figures, but you're looking at £900 once your pay settles down after the first couple of pay periods.

200-300 beer chits, fecking minted!

LilStill

Sergeant
200-300 beer chits, fecking minted!

3 pints on the occasional Friday or Saturday though, so glad I've left that behind! 6 weeks and I'm leaving Phase 2 behind and coming your way as well. Time for the fun to begin in this fabled 'real RAF' ::p:

£6 a week in 1971, mind you that was because I was 17 . It went up to £18 a week when I was 17 and a half.
They never told me this when I joined so the lack of pay was quite a shock.

Last edited:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
3 pints on the occasional Friday or Saturday though, so glad I've left that behind! 6 weeks and I'm leaving Phase 2 behind and coming your way as well. Time for the fun to begin in this fabled 'real RAF' ::p:

Good luck with that, the fun has been kicked out of the real (not fabled) RAF.