• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone out in Ay Nik?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Any of you guys out there currently sunning yourselves at Ay Nik? I'm debating another tour, but want to know if the management is still as pants as it was a few years ago before I stick my neck out!

Realist78

Master of my destiny
IMO, you should count yourself amongst the very spoilt nowadays if you have access to a (non dangerous) sunny tour and are only thinking about 'should I apply for it if the management is as bad (reputedly) as the last time I enjoyed a sunny tour there'.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
You are obviously speaking with no knowledge of my previous situation, so I'll cut you some slack for being a buffoon. Don't get me wrong, the immediate line management was excellent (my SNCOs back then) and I won't go into detail about why the senior management was poor, but ANYONE of the Jnr ranks who was out there at the time would probably agree (along with some of the former SNCOs). I've heard that it's all changed after they chopped a few of the fcukwits that were out there - though I know of at least one that's been allowed to return.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
If it makes you feel better, we also deploy to the far-more-dangerous sunny tours, whilst out on our not-so-dangerous sunny tours.

Chad Norman

Corporal
IMO, you should count yourself amongst the very spoilt nowadays if you have access to a (non dangerous) sunny tour and are only thinking about 'should I apply for it if the management is as bad (reputedly) as the last time I enjoyed a sunny tour there'.

Agreed, just enjoy, fu*k the management and thank the gods you didn't do too well at school and enlist as one of TG1's best! Seriously mate, you must be in a very luck trade to be offered such a posting anyway?

Bitter, moi, fu*k yeah, all the best.

Chad

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
There's a rather large cloud over that particular sunshine tour. Because the station is run by the Army.My concerns are not about the job or the work - that sort of stuff you just get on with. However, as it's an accompanied posting, my concern is how it will affect my family. It doesn't matter if it's Cyprus or Skegness, if the management is **** poor and it has a negative impact of family life, then the job is not worth doing.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Ay Nik died when the Army got their grubby hands on the place, knocking down the Comet Club and wiping the RAF off the map. The Army have myass touch, everything they touch turns to shoite. I left in 92 when the RAF had their little Empire at 33SU and things were rosey, even the grunts came down to the 33 Comet Club just to get away from their hierarchy.