• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another senseless US School Shooting

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Texas...at time of typing 19 kids aged 7-10 years old and a couple of teachers got slaughtered by an 18 year old.

Quick look at the Beeb news page on this topic and there's a US politician of some sort stating that its not the guns that are doing the killing, its the felons holding them so whats the point in gun control?

I tend to think that, yet again, having possession of a military grade automatic assault rifle with extended magazines certainly speeds up the process of slaughter, whilst also affecting their efficiency of time spend between opening up and being shot by a federal agent?

What a bunch of c0ck wombles!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
A country that bans the killing of foetuses won’t stop the killing of school kids.

Last time I stayed in the country I was surprised by the sheer numbers of murders in the area I was moving about in, at least one death per day, quite a bit gang stuff but also a lot of random murdering.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'd like to say mass shootings are unusual and shocking in the US but it's not anymore in 21st Century America. Having kids of my own I can't even try to process the feelings of the parents of the children who were murdered must be enduring. Sadly I just can't see any meaningful gun control laws being enacted in the decades ahead never mind this year. I'm waiting for some mouth piece of the NRA to spout rubbish and end his statement with the cliched thoughts and prayers paragraph. A land of to many guns to many nutjobs

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
My first reaction was "Here we go again - another fruit loop on the loose with guns". Absolutely sickening.
Ignoring the gun bit for a second.

They have a massive mental health crisis yet refuse to do anything about it. Over there is a toxic culture of Men being men (meant from the angle of bottling everything up and not sharing) and if you disagree you get your jaw broken.

Boys raised (assuming their family is intact and is prepared to ensure their moral compass is good) to expect everything to come to them but when they get there and find you actually have to work at being funny / sociable enough to attract a mate, to be intelligent enough and willing to work the shite jobs to get to the better paying ones thus afford a nice house in the Suburbs with the family of their desires they get angry. Some have the love and guidance there to steer them on the right track, the right sort of coping mechanisms and action plans in place but if not.....

They end up attracted to extreme wing nut job groups who convince them that nothing is their fault and convince them to blame and hate a target. This time that group would be of the extreme left variety going by the photos of the shooter all over Twitter. Looks like a real stable sort of chap / chapette or whatever they call themselves these days.

Mix that with easy access to firearms and you have a whirling tornado of vengeful fire ready to swoop through and blight as many lives as possible in order to get some sort of misguided message across.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Its a conversation I have had many times over the years with a friend from that state, who initially was a very pro-gun republican, but over time has shifted her position to completely anti-gun democrat after seeing how the UK lives without everyone having an armoury in their house. Every time I hear of a school shooting in Texas, my heart momentarily stops, knowing that her daughter is a student in that state and knowing that her family will be going through the same emotions.

I get that cattle owners, gamekeepers etc need guns to protect their property and assets from rustlers, but to just allow anyone to hold whatever they like because of the 2nd Amendment which was designed to stop the country being re-invaded after independence was hard fought for is just plain wrong.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone seen the video clip on the Sky News app of their reporter questioning the GOP Texas Senator? He bats off the gun questions by turning the theme to mentioning the Democrats and walks off, so the reporter follows and persists, forcing this dick-splat to turn and engage again…when he does he drops his guard and looks proper psycho.

fourteen2two

Corporal
Most states are strict on drinking. Minimum age 21, but you can buy an assault rifle at 18:unsure:
We have been a couple of times and were amazed to see guns on sale in Walmart. We went to an outdoor gear shop in Florida to get a maglite, it was like going in an armoury. Car park full of mahoosive pick ups.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Most states are strict on drinking. Minimum age 21, but you can buy an assault rifle at 18:unsure:
We have been a couple of times and were amazed to see guns on sale in Walmart. We went to an outdoor gear shop in Florida to get a maglite, it was like going in an armoury. Car park full of mahoosive pick ups.

Its even worse - the buck-toothed swivel eyed redneck loons take their 10yr old child or kid brother out for their first "kill".

Outside the metropolitan areas in Trumpland, its like a pre-teen passage of rights - learn to shoot a deer, f*** your sister.

Poutramos Jnr and his wife are both school teachers in the USA. When I hear of a school shooting my stomach goes over. Some crackpot be11end has suggested arming teachers to fight off any would be murderers adding even more weapons to the mix. I think Poutramos Jnr would tell them where to shove their weapon if he was offered one.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Some crackpot be11end has suggested arming teachers to fight off any would be murderers
There is thought amongst some over there that the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is for all the good guys to have a gun. Trouble is in the USA, depending where you sit politically, it's hard to decide who the good guys actually are.

The next NRA meeting is in Houston Texas and they intend to go ahead.

Worth a quick gander at who the nominated speakers are.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Part of the problem is that there are some parts of the USA where a firearm is almost a necessity as protection against some of the wildlife... That allows the bad guys to get firearms and then the good guys feel the need to protect themselves from the bad guys....
One thing's for sure, until some form of control is brought in on the ease of purchase and the number and nature of weapons that can be privately owned there will be more such incidents.

fourteen2two

Corporal
There's lots of unfriendly wildlife in Australia, but they don't walk around with guns. No bears or wildcats but snakes etc! We have been twice and were not scared. The police are armed but guns are pretty tightly controlled.
Billy Bob the redneck doesn't need an assault rifle to hunt! Shotgun or rifle maybe!
We did a European river cruise which had several Americans on it. They were amazed when we told them how strict gun control is in UK and most EU countries.
One 70 year old texan said she carried a 9mm in her car glove box because she might have to drive through bad areas!
Probably the norm.o_O

Last edited:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
An incident that the pro gun lobby will almost certainly use in future debates/rows

"She's just a member of the community who was carrying her weapon lawfully," he said. "And instead of running from the threat she engaged with the threat and saved several lives." .................. Charges will not be filed against her, police say."