• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An introduction to Trains with Catalis

O

osca1

I carried a week’s course with Catalis in Derby a introduction to trains. It was a real eye opener. During the week we spent a day at a depot and I could not believe the similarity between trains and the RAF, I thought I was walking into my squadron. Believe me, Recs control, maintenance procedures the lot. I managed to get a job at my second interview as a maintenance team leader and I love it, the pay and free train travel is excellent. I believe the course really put me in good stead for the interview as I could cross aircraft systems to trains.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I carried a week’s course with Catalis in Derby a introduction to trains. It was a real eye opener. During the week we spent a day at a depot and I could not believe the similarity between trains and the RAF, I thought I was walking into my squadron. Believe me, Recs control, maintenance procedures the lot. I managed to get a job at my second interview as a maintenance team leader and I love it, the pay and free train travel is excellent. I believe the course really put me in good stead for the interview as I could cross aircraft systems to trains.

I was going to do this course when I left, but for one reason or another, I never did. The whole rail industry has many similarities to the RAF, especially in regards to safety etc.

I found the transition quite easy, many guys I work with are Ex Forces or have an Aerospace background.

Good luck in your new position mate, the industry really needs the kind of experienced personnel that leave the RAF.

T93

Sergeant
I provide remote support to our

I provide remote support to our

GSM - R projects. However our customer is DeutscheBahn and SNCF.