• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Al Udied FOM Posts

sooms

LAC
Anyone know whats happening/ed to the FOM Posts in Al-Udied?

Seeing that the 3 posts were transferred from the other (good) sandpit in the Gulf when the VC10's moved surely they will no longer be required now the VC10 det is defunct?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I hear that FOM levels are drawing down across the area, so maybe they will just go down to one to oversee the whole shebang.

sooms

LAC
You'd like to think so...

I expect it will take a while to happen though, daresay they'll close these and find somewhere else to send us instead!

W

What's the bloody point?

Having returned from there recently I was under the impression that the manning would change from 3 SNCO's, 3 JNCO's and an Ops Officer to something along the lines of 1 Ops Officer/WO, 1 SNCO, 2 JNCO and 3 SAC's. However, a colleague of mine has been DWR'd for there in Dec and the manning remains the same. They may be taking it in turns to sit on thumbs!

What gripped me though was how it had been 3 SNCO's doing the job for so long. My personal opinion was that it was cushy so people kept their heads down! The same people who have this outlook will, again this is my personal opinion, have the cheek to moan about OOA turn around times. Well if you had highlighted that the job did not REALLY require a SNCO then perhaps turn around times would not be so bad would they!

Despite the thinking these things do not take as long as many seem to think. I should know, I was sent home from Kuwait once having minimal notice of my post being dis-established. Luckily this was after my 90 days!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I agree. Strange how different aircraft types have different ranks doing the same sort of jobs. Not very joined up thinking.

H

Hammer

The manning is going to remain along with the Kuwait job dropping down to a Sgt post too!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I hear whispers of another FOM post in the offing as well. Loads of sand and a bit tasty if you're a combat carrot.