• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Al Milerin

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
With great sadness I inform the goat that Al Milerin, ex-Tornado sootie and long time civvy instructor at Cosford passed away this morning after a short battle with cancer. A quietly spoken yet dedicated individual who leaves a big hole in the sootie office.
RIP Al, was a pleasure knowing you.

Forestfan

SAC
Lovely bloke. I have a cracking example of his framing handiwork which always reminds me of him when we were in AMF at Coningsby. RIP Al, sincere condolences to family and friends.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I was informed of Al's condition last week, and received the tragic news this morning.
Really saddened to hear of this.
I was truly privileged to know Al during my 2 tours at AFTS/AvMTS; he was a font of immense knowledge, a man of great integrity and compassion, and enough of a diplomat to tell me how I needed to stay on the rails.
As a Sooty myself, I would never know half as much as he did.
I valued my time with him and I feel the Office will have a huge chasm that can never truly be filled.
RIP my colleague, friend and peer.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I to was informed of Al's sad passing yesterday. As a rigger his sooty working schedule rarely intermeshed with mine but whenever I spoke with Al he came across as a quiet guy, calm, unruffled and was a thoroughly nice fella right down to his bootlaces. RIP Al.

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Als funerals (can't believe I'm writing that folks :( ) will take place in the church at RAF Cosford next Weds, 14 Dec at 14:30. The unit has pulled out all the stops and will be providing a full military funeral.