• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFPS 75 Pension vs GIP

Notred13

LAC
I have been awarded a GIP that will be paid on my discharge (post claim under AFCS after a whoopsie at Cranners) and will also receive a SIP under AFCS 75. As the AFCS and it's GIP component replaced the War Pensions payment I am having great difficulty in finding any info regarding the payment of these. My question is;- is the GIP paid in addition to your AFCS 75 SIP or in lieu of a part of it and how does it compare if you received a war pension for injuries caused by service pre April 06?

If anyone has direct experience of this I''d be more than happy to hear from you, my enquiries with the JPAC have led to no conclusive answers but the lady there seemed to think they will be paid along side each other but couldn't guarantee that was the case! With only one more pay day to go it would be nice if I new what I may be able to cover when the choice between food and mortgage come up!!

Thanks in anticipation.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You could join the forces pension society, will cost you about 30,quid. But they will help you out.

Notred13

LAC
Thanks all; I tried both suggestions but unfortunately they are both admitting to being very grey on the new system so I was hoping there may be some one out there who had direct experience of this situation.

Cheers.cup of corrrfeee

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I stand by my point on forces pension society, one of the people that they employ to run the helpdesk was the person that previously wrote policy for military pensions. If she can't get you a firm answer nobody will!