• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Access problems

fileeth

Corporal
Hopefully some one can help or point in the right direction.

Have not been on the goat for a while so this morning decided to have a look.
No problem as a guest i.e. viewing and following threads from the 'outside' but the problem has occurred since i tried to log on.
When 'logged on' and trying to get to the 'Todays Posts' tab/link on the control panel (blue bar) The redirecting message comes up as normal but then i get a 'vBulletin Message' which reads - 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'

Have tried more than once with the same resultbut i don't hink i'm doing anything wrong as it all worked ok last time i logged on.

Is there anybody who can shed some light on my problem or is it me??

Many thanks :S

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I've just tried what you typed and had no problems.

Have you tried logging out to clear your cookies, then logging back in again? Failing that, clear your cookies from your internet cache.

fileeth

Corporal
MC - have just tried you suggestion and have logged out and dumped the cookies but to no avail.
Cannot get to newpost forum after the rediredt window - coming up with same vBulletin message
Am currently on an works (IGS) machine but shouldn't make any difference as a fellow goater next door had no problems today.
Any other suggestions more than welcome

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
MC - have just tried you suggestion and have logged out and dumped the cookies but to no avail.
Cannot get to newpost forum after the rediredt window - coming up with same vBulletin message
Am currently on an works (IGS) machine but shouldn't make any difference as a fellow goater next door had no problems today.

Make sure you clear the cookie out of your roaming (server) profile as well as your local (Computer) profile. It is possible to do, ask your local friendly geek to show you how.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Make sure you clear the cookie out of your roaming (server) profile as well as your local (Computer) profile. It is possible to do, ask your local friendly geek to show you how.

Your roaming profile is downloaded to your local machine, so clearing out the cookies on the C: would surfice. The roaming profile is updated when you log off. It's really unlikely that you'd have access to the profile share on your Central file store anyway.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker

Is it the same if you try from a different machine? also try logging into the goat from someone elses profile if that's possible and let me know if you still get the same problem.

Last edited:

fileeth

Corporal
RTW - Logged on this morning and still had the same problem with my machine.

Tried to log into e-goat using a different profile on a diiferent machine - initially had the same problem but after trying to do it again a few times it worked.

The person whose machine and profile i tried had a few problems as well when he tried to log back on but after a few atempts it then worked for him.

Could it be the server here as IS are running two servers at the same time as they swap over from an old server and network to a new one so apparently backing everything up that is getting backed up (if that makes sense)

ARRGGHH my head hurts.

If worst comes to worst i just view as a guest all the time and then dive in as and when:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Many thanks for the pointers

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
It could possibly be a server problem, depends which server they are swapping and how they are running them at the moment. Once they've finished get someone with admin rights to remote into your workstation (whilst your logged off) and delete your profile from the local workstation. You can also do that if you've got a local login for the workstation in queston. This will ensure that you're getting the downloaded roaming profile and not using old settings. If it has worked on another workstation (with your login) the problem most likely lies with the PC on your desk. If you're getting the same fault on multiple workstations then it'll most likely be your profile, that can be sorted by getting the admins to create you a new one whilst renaming your old profile so that anything you need can be copied across.

Where are you? PM me and I may be able to get more info.