• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Starting point

G

gemarriott

Just to let you all know not only whilst you are still in the mob as well when you get out organisations like SSAFA and the RBL are there to help.

Not only for the financial problems but also in finding jobs, places to live etc and this help is totally confidential and as formal or informal as you wish.

contacting them is easy, they are in the phone book but if you have any problems getting hold of the right person contact me via PM on the goat and I'll do the legwork for you.

Even if you are still in the mob but need a friendly ear for yourself or your family give us a yell. Perhaps help can be made available to families left behind whilst you are OOA. Again absolutely totally confidential.

I am not a case worker now but I am qualified and still know the system. So give us a yell if you think you need help. If I don't know the answers I'll know a man who can find them.

who am I?

I joined the mob in 1973 as a an A Mech W did my fitters course in 1978/79. I made the biggest mistake of my life and left the mob in 1985 as a cpl after 12 years and few months mistakenly thinking civvie street looked a little better than life in Has's at coningsby.

I spent 3 tours on Phantoms , 2 on 228 OCU at coningsby and one on 23 at Wattisham. I did a tour on XV buccs in Laarbruch.

After leaving the mob I worked as a shift chargehand for BOC on a large scale Oxy plant and for west Yorkshire councile attempting to control traffic flows through the towns and cities.

I did a degree in computer studies at sheffield Hallam University, god knows how but I passed.

Unfortunately a dicky ticker finished my working life at the grand old age of 39some 12 years ago but no regrets, good pension and plenty of hobbies.

I spent a number of years as a volunteer for "SSAFA forces help" helping ex servicemen and their families which is why I do know my way around the system and I can confirm that this help is given in total confidence.

I spend time bullying my local politicians by post, email and at meetings to try to get you guys a better deal. Have to admit to being not too successful in changing things but at least I embarress them:pDT_Xtremez_30: I also serve as a patient rep on several NHS commitees trying to improve patient care.

I love the egoat, because it is good just to be back in the crewroom again, the banter is pretty much the same and proves that it is not the RAF I miss but the people in it. Of course there is little I can add to forums which deal with the new computer systems etc but I am fascinated to see just how much has changed yet so little is different.