• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4 month holidays to MPA to return

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
TS has submitted the business case for MPA tour reduction lengths from 6 to 4 months for all Logs(Sup) positions.

You can take your PVR out/get upgraded again now...

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Oh I wish they'd do the same across the board. It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this as whatever arguments have been put forward surely apply to all.

1Referee

LAC
Common sense prevailing.

My post that i have just returned from for 6 months was reduced to 4 for the next incumbent.

I also did a paper on how many man days you'd gain from 4 monthers and how you'd reduce air-bridge space by 25%.

I am pleased, having just done six months albeit somewhere warm and benign, its a huge extra burden on the families left behind, anything that makes the home life more bearable is surely better for all.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It's not because they love you. It's because they hate handing out 2 weeks of R&R with return flights. Happy to be on a 6 - I think I'd go mad if I had to live in the CC for 4 months.

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Wasn't the reason behind our tour lengths (in general, across all trades) because the army were moaning?

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Whilst I was down there (returned Aug 15), quite a lot of Army posts were changing to 4month trips too...

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't a female WO submit a propsal rejecting the 6 month tour for that exact reason a couple of years ago.

The Nip

LAC
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't a female WO submit a propsal rejecting the 6 month tour for that exact reason a couple of years ago.

Correct. At the time another female WO was the Sqn WO and did a lot of the investigation regarding R&R impact, manning requirement and air bridge availability.

All this was collated and put forward. No one listened as the decision had been made already.

Not it sure it will get reversed as some say it is beneficial.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
So now CSR has binned R&R for 6 month tours & as this was one of the driving factors to reduce tour lengths back to 4 months does this mean they'll consider reverting back to 6 months again?

#onthebusoffthebus