• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1980's side cap

G

Gord

Me too complete with brass badge worn smooth with polishing.Always an appo till you die!!!!
I was lucky in that my mum who was a wartime WRAF rigger, back when the Spit's and a few other aircraft still had canvas coverings on control surfaces and the fuselage aft of the cockpit area, gave me her King's cap badge which was polished almost to the point where there was hardly any relief left on it but was a smooth as a babies arse. It didn't take much work to make that shine like a new penny. I was extremely disappointed in my fellow RAF personnel when one day I came back to base from a week's leave to find that someone had been into my bedside locker and nicked it. My beret was still there but the cap badge was gone, along with about 30 bob in change I'd had in the drawer. I didn't care about the money but the loss of the cap badge gutted me because of who had given it to me and the fact that it had survived WW2 but not my locker.

spick@29

LAC
An old colleague of mine used to refer to forage caps as a "c u next Tuesday" cap. When I asked him why he replied "because only c u next Tuesdays wear them!!!"

When I pointed out that he wears one, his face beamed a huge ear to ear grin!!!

Ol skool in his views!

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
v0_master.jpg

How do you get it to lean at such an extreme angle? Was it a case of more it leaned to one side the more cooler you were?

No idea who's in the photo.

My favourite hats were the German mountain troop hats (extra kudos for a real edelweiss flower pinned to the side rather than a metal version)

41-003_jpg.jpg Gebirgsj%u002525C3%25A4ger%2Bin%2Bcolor1.jpeg

Or the German u-boat commanders hat. (extra kudos if you smear some engine oil on the white bit and look like a tramp wearing it)

413742088_592.jpg

Last edited: